Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Just What The Dr. Ordered

Yup, well... He didn't actually order it, I did.
B and I took a little vacation. Not a very long one. We were only away for 3 days but I have to say, it could not have been any better timing considering the circumstances.
I actually didn't think about my infertility once for 3 days. I can't believe it.
We went away to a ski resort called WINTERPLACE. We stayed at the Glade Springs Resort. Very nice. Couldn't resist the incredible deal that we received.
I surprised hubby with a nice couples massage at the spa at Glade Springs, the day before Valentine's. Sweet... I could have stayed at that spa all evening. I felt like a noodle I was so relaxed.
The big bonus about the whole trip was that it was snowing. Well, almost a damn white out! Being from the south, the slopes in NC are normally icy conditions. If you can snowboard on ice you can snowboard on about anything. I thought I had died and went to powder heaven on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I'm completely spoiled with fresh powder now. I'm pretty sure they received well over 12 inches of snow. It was beautiful, relaxing, peaceful, pampering, and fun. Something I was in desperate need of.
The bad part is my face is completely chapped. My lips, nose, and cheeks are red, raw, and hurt like a bitch at the moment. Any tips for extremely dry skin on the face? My skin is really sensitive also. No pain, no gain! Huh?
I attempted a little jump at the snowboard park. Yes, I do believe I'm getting a little brave. I actually landed the first jump. The second one I went completely airborne and came down on my ass. It didn't hurt that bad, or I was laughing too hard at myself to notice. My husband then decided he would attempt the run. He landed the first one, didn't get enough speed for the second jump. We laughed and watched the youngsters rip it up.
I really wish I would have learned to snowboard in my younger years instead of my 30's. Oh well, it was fun and I needed the break. It was also very romantic, something else that was much needed.
We have decided what to do about the current infertility situation but I'm not really wanting to discuss it at the moment. I'm still on my little mini-vacation high..
Stay tuned, I'm sure details will be in the next post!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your next post had better be soon. I will be waiting on the edge of my couch to hear your decisions. Glad you had a nice time. You deserve it! KimK

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you little post tease! You won't even tell me - your very best little virtual friend? heh, heh, heh.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home