Sunday, January 22, 2006

2 Days

But who's counting? Tuesday is the big day for the consult. Looks like no natural disasters, snow storms, or ice storms are around the bend.
Will she make it is the question? Stay tuned people.
We had a little scare with my husband's blood work on Friday. Our new clinic called on Tuesday leaving this on the answering machine.
Mr. So and So, this is asshole nurse, calling with the results of your blood work. Will you please return my call as soon as possible?
So, I , being the wonderful wife that I am, took it upon myself to return B's call. The lady's voice mail said it may take 24 to 48 hours to return any messages left. Well, 48 hours later, I still had not heard from the lady. I finally call again Friday morning.
The nurse(or whatever the hell she is) said that she had been out of town and she apologized(so nice of her) for not calling us back sooner. She then proceeds to tell me that she can not give me my husband's results that she needs to talk to him! WTF?
So, I go into panic mode and start assuming the worse. I asked her if things are okay, she said once again I can't release any results to you. WTF?
My husband is over a huge job and doesn't really have time to call, but I phone his cell phone as soon as I hung up with the evil lady. I tell him to call her immediately! I think the worse about every situation so of course my brain is going crazy.
Then I wait.
B doesn't call me back for a full 20 minutes.
B finally calls and said that all of the blood work came back fine. She needed to speak with him about setting his chart up. Now, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT ABOUT? Could she not have just explained that to me?
No! That would have been too simple! She had to send me into full panic mode. I know that they are not suppose to release stuff to outside sources. But come on now. A simple statement such as everything is fine would have been wonderful.
Nothing is every simple with my life.
On a much more positive note!

GO PANTHERS!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't get why nurses pull crap like that. Good luck on Tuesday!

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bitch! I know it's protocol, but I hate that - making us worry.

Sorry about your boys, it's not going to be a fun superbowl.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

goodness what a lot of unecessary crap. I'm so sorry.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, our appt is the same day.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home