Monday, January 02, 2006

I SUPPOSE

A good blogger should blog more than once a month. Sorry for the absence. It seems with all the excitement of the holidays I neglected my blogging.

Christmas was wonderful. My husband spent entirely too much money. What's new he always does. He bought me a new digital camera. YAHOO for good pictures. A gold necklace, giftcard to Victoria's Secret, a giftcard to one of my favorite clothing stores, new pajamas, slippers, perfume... Too much shit if you ask me.

My mother and her husband came in Christmas day. Trinity came down Christmas day also. It was a nice Christmas.

New Year's was spent snowboarding with my husband and friends. I had a ball. This is the first New Year that I can remember not being shitty drunk. I didn't drink Saturday night because I didn't want to die snowboarding. By the time we got back to our cabin I was extremely tired. I wish I would have remembered to take some pictures of us snowboarding. This was my third time snowboarding and I finally made it down the more advanced slopes without falling. I actually made it down twice without falling. I've got the heel edging down my next goal is to work on toe edging. Maybe, if I work enough nerve up, I might attempt to hit a box or rail on our next trip. Yes, pretty scary.

My husband surprised me with a new Burton snowboard, boots, and bindings. I sent him to go pick up my rentals Saturday morning and he came home with the new gear instead. I'm a very happy camper to say the least. Totally surprised me with that. We had talked about the purchase earlier that week. I told him that it was entirely too much money to be spending with our consult approaching. Well, I guess he didn't feel the same. I can't be mad because I really wanted the gear.

This New Year was much better than last. Last year I started my period on New Year's Eve. It sucked considering I was in the 2ww for my second IVF. It was just so nice for me to enjoy Christmas and the holidays this year. I really thought that last year I wasn't bothered by cycling over the holidays. I realized this year how much it consumed me.

Nothing else to report. Gearing up for my consult on the 24th. I'm actually getting a little excited about the situation. Very weird for me.

Hoping that 2006 will better year for me and everyone!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo for new goodies! Presents are always fun. I'm glad you're getting excited, Kim. Here's hoping 2006 brings very good things your way.

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. It sounds like quite the haul! Glad you had such a good break - here's to 2006. May it suck much less than 2005.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Huh, 2nd attempt to comment!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Kim!

I hope this year kicks ASS.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home