Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Am I The Only Wife

With a husband that always puts them on the back burner?
So, things have been a little tuff around the household.
My husband is an electrical contractor and is on a huge industrial project working his butt off. He worked about 80 hours last week. He's obsessed. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that he's a hard worker. But, sometimes it completely wears me out.
Take for instance, it's fall time. We have some major yard work to tackle. We live off a very busy road. But, we have 2 acres of land so we aren't on top of the road. I hate this road. Hate it. For the past 5 years I've wanted to plant bushes, shrubs, or trees to block the road off. B decided this year we would do it. So, we agreed on a certain type of tree we would plant to form a border and block the road off. Do you think he's gotten around to helping? No. Too busy working. I explained to him Saturday that I was going to purchase the Leyland Cypresses and do it myself. Or hire someone to tackle it. Of course, he got extremely mad at my suggestion.
Last spring we had several plant/shrubs along the side of the house. Yellow Belles and something else that was green. The plants were growing way to fast and too hard for us to keep up with so we yanked them out. Have we replaced the shrubs yet? NO.
The trees around our house need new mulch. Has that been done? NO.
And please don't get me started on the brick columns that are suppose to be at the beginning of our driveway. The foundation was dug, and that's it. So, there are two huge boxed off holes around the light pole, where a foundation is suppose to be poured and columns are suppose to be bricked.
It's driving me crazy.
I guess being a Virgo, I'm a little OCD about everything being neat. I'm also the type of person that when they start something they finish it.
B is the complete opposite. He can start something and let it sit and it doesn't bother him whatsoever.
I WANT MY TREES PEOPLE . I guess it time to call in the landscaper. I can see my husband coming home and I've had the yard landscaped. He would flip out! He's so psycho when it comes to yard work. He thinks he's the only person who can do it correctly.
What also makes me angry is this? If someone would call him(say anyone) and ask for help with something. He would drop everything and run to help. I'm serious! But, let me ask for one simple little thing that I need fixed or PLANTED and it's a knock down drag out argument(we don't throw blows). But, it does get heated sometimes.
Will someone please explain this? Does anyone else have a husband that will help out everyone else? But, when you want or need something done, you are pushed on the back burner?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Ha. Yes, that sounds very familiar! My father is exactly the same, and being the only child I hear about it ALL THE FRICKIN' TIME. My husband is definitely guilty to a degree as well. I have found it is really just best to do it myself, if at all possible. My mom also resorts to getting free estimates done by contractors, which either inspires my father to actually do the work or to agree to have it done. Good luck on the trees! I would be feeling the same way if I were you!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh - getting my husband to do anything is very, very difficult. It's such a hassle - can you sit him down and tell him that it's unacceptable and you're calling the landscaper? Good luck!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home