Thursday, October 27, 2005

Stopping the Madness

Well, I counted my last blogging and I think I managed to use the F word atleast 7 times. Nice language huh?
Can you tell I had/have PMS, lovely huh?
Feeling much better this morning. My best friend meant well. I know this. We've been friends for 20 years. But, sometimes I just don't understand why people insist on giving assvice? Why?
I guess you don't realize the situation a person is in until you have walked in their shoes. Which I noticed myself giving assvice with another friend. I did not even realize I was doing this. I can't believe me? I'M GUILTY? Yes, I'm afraid I am.
My dear friend is single and she's 33. She has never been married and doesn't have children. She has a wonderful career but when it comes down to the man department she has had no luck whatsoever. So, I constantly try to set her up with every single, good-looking, winner- type man, that walks through my salon doors.
After the last blind date, she told me she was okay on the dating situation and didn't want to be hooked up again. I must admit, I might have hooked her up with a guy that hasn't retired his player belt yet. But, damn, I guess I feel since I'm happily married everyone else should be also.
So, last night it just kind of hit me. What I'm doing to my friend M is no worse than what all the ferties do to me. They are giving assvice and soliciting unwanted help.
I must stop my own madness!
Poor M, I now wonder why she even bothers with me. She comes Saturday to get her color and I must admit. I had a very interesting prospect to set her up with. But NO, I must change my evil ways. I will not do it unless she ask!

2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

I never used the "f-bomb" as much as I have in the last two+ years while ttc. Ironic really, if you think about it.

I'm sorry you're having so much assvice handed out. And you're not the first one to dish it out either. We all do from time to time, without intending to of course.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gawd, I drop the F-bomb about 3 times a minute. And not just in my blog posts, in my everyday life as well.

I suffer similarly. I am unsure how to support my sister who is 33 and trying to find the right guy. She doesn't date much, despite my best attempts.

I'd really like to learn, however, how to be a better friend to my unhappily single friends.

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home