Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Upside fucking down...

In one blink of an eye, my life goes from stressful to super fucking stressful?
Why is that? Just when you think things couldn't get any worse, hold on wait a minute. We need to see if you can handle any more drama?
I drafted "Nothing to Blog About" last week and just posted it today.
Well, news flash update..
Last Thursday my brother was booted out of REHAB. due to the fact that one of the residents under him had pot on campus and my brother didn't rat him out. My brother proclaims he was not aware that the resident had pot on campus, but who knows? My brother was drug tested twice and passed both test. So, I believe in my heart he didn't use anything. The director of the facility he was in recommended him to another treatment facility.
He left yesterday for the other treatment facility and it was a very painful goodbye. I have not seen him since last January. For him to leave again, knowing it will be another year before I see him, breaks my heart in a million pieces. His daughter will be 4 the next time he sees her.
I know that he needs this program. As he told me he is just not strong enough yet.
But, it still hurts....
I can not relate to his addiction(unless you include IVF drugs) but I have struggled with him through it. It's been a huge emotional battle. I'm so proud that he finally has accepted the fact that he knows that he is an addict. But, it still hurts that he has missed out on so much.
I didn't make the attorney appointment yesterday.
I was too drained from having my brother, niece, and mother at my house for 4 days straight.
It's definitely been one hell of a week!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Oh my goodness! Thanks for the update. You must be exhausted! I am thinking of you, and hope things get sorted out in the best way possible (whatever way that is). Hang in there.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, what a stressful, awful ordeal. My thoughts and good wishes are with you & your family. I hope your brother emerges from rehab as a very strong person. You are a WONDERFUL sister to support him through this, and to care for your niece. erica

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you can get things sorted - sucks that you have to go through all ths shit. Thinking of you.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home