Friday, January 06, 2006

Reasons why I hate IVF

Part 1

1) Hate that I'm out of pocket. It has cost me a small fortune for failure.

2) Hate shooting up. Really don't enjoy the needles.

3) Hate the huge emotional roller coaster ride of the whole process.

4) Really pissed me off that I have to spend all this money and still no guarantee that I'll take home a child.

5) I've had enough surgeries, ectopics, and d&c's to last a lifetime. If I do get pregnant, petrified of another loss.

6) Hate the fact that I have to drive almost 5 hours(round trip) to see this new RE.

7) Always fight with my husband when going through this process. Sick of fighting over trying to have a baby.

8) Have to sneak around and do this shit because my Irl friends and family drive me crazy about my infertility.

9) Not really looking forward to another round with the dildo cam.

10) Not to mention the huge needle going through the uterus just sucks big one's also.

11) I just want to get pregnant the good ole fashion way and the fact that I have to do IVF pisses me off because it's such a roll of dice. Unpredictable.
.
12) Hate missing work because everyone will know what I'm doing.

13) Hate the whole drama over how many fucking eggs am I going to make. Will I get cancelled. Will they fertilize? Will this embryo decide to stick around?

14) I just hate it all.... I'm sure I could come up with more at the moment but my brain is mush!

Stay tuned for reasons why I love it. HA!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, IVF can definitely suck. I can't wait to see your reasons for loving it. Hang in there, Kim. None of us should have to deal with this crap, but I say you're doing a fine job of it.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

I think the only reason why we even like it is that we might get pregnant from it. You're right, the rest of it does pretty much suck.

11:42 AM  
Blogger x said...

Great List! I couldn't have done it better. I am sorry you have to go through this again. I hate getting pissed off at my husband too, you arent the only one that does it.
I start my first cycle this spring and I am pissed off/scared for all the reason you mentioned. It's nice to know you are not alone, even if you are a Nomad.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just adopt.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your list.. I have to agree with two major points you repeat quite often. Firstly the needles - the fact that I HATE them makes the whole IVF procedure almost unbearable.. secondly is the cost - who was to say IVF costs sooooo much!.. even the consultations without the medication etc. My friend recently bought an app (yes the apps on the iphones) which has ALL the initial consultation information that you ever need. Search LifeForce Fertility!! now all u wannabe mummies (like me).x

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your list! starting to feel like a bit of a racket too.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

err... thats mean! I am an IVF baby so it is definetly worth it :D

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also hate ivf for the same reasons.now i can't stand kids too.have decided to live childfree.ivf doctors are big time fucking liars.they will burn in hell for lying.all they want is dollars up their asses.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home