Monday, January 30, 2006

Surgery Scheduled

For March the 9th. Not really looking forward to it, but atleast I have somewhat of a plan. I don't plan on cycling for a couple of months after my surgery. As you all know, I'm somewhat of a waiter. Not a big fan of back to back cycles. I also want to give my poor uterus time to heal properly.

I would like to thank everyone for the comments on my last post. It was a really hard day for me. I went in expecting to cycle this month and was hit with the news on my septum. I think that was one of the hardest days I've ever experienced, right up there with the pain of some of my losses.

While I'm very happy it was found, I'm also very pissed at my former REs.

I have a follow up consult scheduled for Feb. the 13th with my last RE( he performed the hysteroscopy). He thinks it's for my failed FET cycle. Ha! Little does he know. In a perfect world, I would like to think this man would offer to refund my money spent on the fresh and frozen cycles with him. But, in the real world, I know this will never happen.

I've had several people tell me I should sue him. I really don't have the energy, I would just like a refund for my cycles. I know that things are mis-diagnosed on a daily basis, so I'm sure since this wasn't a life threatening condition, I don't stand a chance.

I can only look forward from here on out.

On another note, I'm thinking of changing over to typepad. I'm sick of blogger being down every time I want to post something. So, we might have a whole new look in a couple of days.

Thank you all, again, for all of the support. It means the world to me!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's a good idea - as painful as the wait will be. But of course, travelling up north would definitely be a distraction!

3:35 PM  
Blogger K said...

Hey,
Waiting SUCKS! I would love to hear your opinions on the local RE's...here's my email:
cmbabe@earthlink.net

Hugs,
Kate

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I argued for a refund on my IUI as they cancelled me part way through, and got 70% back, so it is absolutely worth a try. Don't give up yet.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kimmer, thanks for commenting! I just read through your archives and want to tell you how very sorry I am about all you've had go go through. I can understand the frustration you're feeling right now with your doctors, and I hope your old RE does the decent thing and refunds you at least a big part of your money. And above all I hope the surgery fixes the problem, and bodes for a successful outcome in your next cycle. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you over here.

And I'll give you a report of my surgery, if you want it, seeing as I'll be two weeks ahead of you on that happy road. Septums begone!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home