Sunday, August 14, 2005

Swoop....

I guess I spoke to soon with yesterday's bloggings. My roller coaster just took off down hill, onceafuckingin!
My father's best friend passed away last night. My transfer is in 5 days.
Can I pull off a funeral 900 miles away and still a make it to transfer? Or do I send flowers and be the world's worst daughter and not be there for my father? And not pay my respects to someone who was like my freaking Uncle?
For once in my life, I'm speechless.
I don't know what the fuck to do?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim, your father would want you to do this transfer! I have NO doubt about it. Go see him after you've transferred. There was no way you could have known that this was going to happen, and you can't put off living your life! What if he's lived another 6 months? Could you/would you have put off the FET until then? Or a year?

I'm so sorry, this is a very heartbreaking situation, but I really think your Dad will understand, tell him why you can't make the funeral, and that you'll be there as soon as you can.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Kim. I think your dad will understand, too. You will be able to be there for him. Doing this FET does not make you the world's worst daughter. Not at all.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Oh my goodness, Kim, I just logged on after a weekend away and am so sorry to hear this news. I can't imagine what you are going through, though I know whatever you decide will be the right thing. My thoughts are with you and your family.

12:57 AM  
Blogger Pamplemousse said...

I am sorry for your loss. However, I am sure your father would understand. Tell him you will visit asap after the FET.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home