Thursday, August 04, 2005

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING?

What the hell? More Springer action around here. But, this isn't the funny kind of laugh your ass off Springer shit.

My father called this morning and his best friend is in a freaking coma. My father and this man have lived together for like 21 years. If you didn't know them and you were a guest for dinner you would think they were married. They act like it! But, my father has a long time girlfriend.

My father sounded way upset and said that he thought he would go before Dan(his friend). One- I really didn't want to hear that from my father. And two- If Dan passes I have to be there for my father. Plus, I have to pay my respects also. Dan has never missed any special occasion in my life. He was also the one who along with my father when I moved back down south as a teenager. Decided that I needed to go to college up north. I got college brochures for years after I moved back south. He even called me once and told me that he would pay for my college if I would move back home. Like I my father would have let him do that.

This man is like my Uncle. Oh this sucks! They think his liver is failing, his lungs are filling with fluid, and Dad said he is all yellow. I just talked to this man like 4 days ago trying to find my father and he said all was fine.
I can't believe this. Dan has been is a wheelchair for the past 10 years due to a serious fall at his job. So I guess a lot of paraplegics often get UTIs. The doctors are saying there are high amounts of ammonia is his blood. My father said he knew that Dan hasn't been feeling well and told him he needs to get checked for a UTI. They ended up admitting him to the hospital and now this?
I don't even know what to think. Looks like I might be heading back up North again. Cheesus, I pray this man pulls through!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. Do you know what his prognosis is?

8:49 AM  
Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

I am so sorry Kim. I am hoping and praying he pulls through this. Keep us posted.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home