Monday, July 11, 2005

NO SLEEP

Saturday night I decided to keep my 3 year old niece all night. I adore this little girl. I don't know if I've blogged how much she means to me. But, she came at a time when I was having a really hard time. I think it was my 4th ectopic. So, she kind of just feeled some of the tiny holes in my heart.
Brian and I took her swimming at the in-laws, 3 hours in the pool and water-logged like a prune. It was fun though. Next, it was down to the barn to check out the horses. I was surprised that she was willing to touch them this time. Last time I took her near our horses you would have thought I introduced her to a new monster. They scared the shit out of her. This of course made my husband want to go purchase a pony for Trinity. We need a pony like we need a hole in our head...
The evening was spent grilling and playing and then bedtime rolled around...
Yes, this is where things fall apart. Trinity did not want to go to sleep, I tried everything. Finally, I just gave in and went to sleep with her! Miss Wiggle Worm laid there and wiggled for 2 hours straight. Let's not forget the singing spell too. It was kind of cute but a 1 in the morning I just wanted to yell SLEEP. I guess somewhere around 2 am I woke up with a foot around my neck and a head really close to my butt. I turned her back to normal sleeping position. And around 4am I got a nice kick in the stomach. At 5am I decide she should be a sleep and dash to my own bed. At 6am I get waken up with a crying niece... " Aunt Kim"... So, I jolt out of bed to check on her!!! After that my husband joins us in "Trinity's Room" and I then tell him, "COFFEY and make it strong!"
Trinity is the sweetest little one I have been around. But, what is it with kid's fighting sleep? Brian asked me that afternoon, "Are you sure you want a child?" Really, at that point in time I started thinking about the good points of IF and not having a child yet.
1- You can have unlimited amounts of sleep.
2- You can just jump in your car and take off on a short notice.
3- You have nothing else to worry about but yourself.
4- You all know the perks of being child free, I won't go on.
But, with lack of sleep, I still managed a "Yes, I still want children!" Maybe I was still delirious.. Who knows!!! But, I know that something in my heart keeps pushing me to try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home