Friday, July 08, 2005

Let's Talk About Karma

Today as I'm killing myself at work. Making up for the tornado thingy, trying to work in some of yesterday's clients that I had to cancel on, and my back banging from slinging hair like a mad woman! A client walks in the door and asked, " What's going on around this salon?" I look around and wanted to say same ole shit different day. But, I carefully looked at the man like I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. He then explains must be some pretty bad "karma" around here with the way the storm blew.
This is no shit! Drive 5 minutes up the road, from the salon, and it looks like nothing happend. Look across the road that my salon is on and trees are down everywhere. I then explain if you think that is bad drive 2 miles down the road where my house is at!
In my panic to get home yesterday after loosing power at the salon. My father in law calls my cell phone and tells me that another tornado had come close to our house. Thank god for cell phones!
Being the nosey person that I am, yesterday evening after things have calmed down. Brian and I heard they had shut down the main road that we live off of. We tried to drive down there and check it out but the road was blocked off by emergency vehicles and they were directing traffic away. I finally drove down there today after dinner and exactly 2 to 4 miles from my house a F-2 tornado touched down and did some serious damage.
Which gets me back on the karma subject. I never really understood karma fully until I was about 21. Yes, I'm a very slow learner in some areas.
Really something was watching over me yesterday. I mean all hell broke loose at my salon. I went into the bathroom during the ordeal scared shitless with my stylists and the gay dog groomer that works in the building beside of me. And so much for men trying to save the women. Mark(the groomer) was the first one in the bathroom. I told him afterwards I really appreciated his bravery. Thanks for saving me. BIG LAUGH.
So, the karma might not be kicking right now in the baby department but something good was difinitely watching over me yesterday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home