Sunday, June 12, 2005

Concerts and emotions

So, went to the Toby Keith concert Friday night and must say that I had a total blast. I'm not much of a county music person. But, it was a Hell of a good concert . It rocked. I had such a good time. I got a little too intoxicated but you know sometimes you just have to say WHAT THE FUCK, and seize the momment and just have too many drinks.
Ride home was really interesting. The couple who went with us(she is 24 and he is 30) They have been dating for 2 years and everytime they would see a child at the concert when we were tailgating she would be like look.... I hope we have a little girl,boy. ect. ect.... He would join along. Very freaking lovely, pass me another beer, I'ld say to my husband. As, I can no longer talk about what type of child that I want or hope to ever have. I feel it's useless if you know what I mean?
So, as we are on our way home after the concert. I mention that we are getting the ball rolling on adoption to our friends. The girl knows my situation because she works for me. She has even helped administer some of my shots for my last IVF. So, her boyfriend(very drunk may I add) starts in with this story of how his old college buddy and his wife were ttc for like 6 years. Well, they started to adopt and now they are pregnant. Why the fuck does everyone have one of these stories? Micheal is not really familiar with my IF situation but I politely tell him, "Micheal that will NEVER happen for us. I have no tubes". So he keeps going on and on. I suppose he doesn't understand the reproductive system. Shouldn't that be a requirement to have a college degree? He then said, "Well, you never know, it could happen".
So, I let him have it and I think my husband kind of enjoyed the fact that I lost my shit.
Micheal has diabetes so that would be kind of like me telling him. " Hey don't take you insulin injections you don't need them. You'll get better on your own." I wish I would have thought of that but like I said I was inebriated so it didn't cross my mind. I said more along the lines of "Micheal, if we get pregnant on our own it will be Jesus's baby! It's not going to fucking happen without IVF for us and the way IVF is going it's not looking so good with that either!" And then proceded to turn the radio up way to loud so I didn't have to hear anymore bullshit.
I got home and just lost my shit again. Started crying and screaming to DH, "I just want one IF friend who we can hang around with. JUST ONE. So we don't have to deal with shit like this. Not only do people think I might still actually be able to conceive on our own. They don't understand that adopting is not the fix all. We are mourning the loss of our genetic link. Blah, blah, blah." Got really emotional and let it all out. Dh took it like a champ. It felt good to just cry. I have hard times showing emotion because I have this huge wall around me. So, that let downs don't hurt as bad.
I believe I have the world's best husband. One thing is for sure, this whole IF saga has made us much stronger as a couple. He's my rock. And I love him for not running....

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

I hear ya', Kim! I would LOVE to have some IF friends around here, too. It is INCREDIBLE how stupid folks can be about basic anatomy. Ack! I am glad you let him have it in the car, too.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad going through all of this IF crap has made you and your husband a stronger couple. That's one thing that my hubby and I have gotten out of it as well. I guess it's good to know that something good can come out of a shitty situation.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah - lose your shit all over that ass!

That really is too bad that you don't have one IF person to hang with. Well, when you come up to visit your family...

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home