Sunday, June 05, 2005

Waiting by the phone

So, I sit here this evening enjoying a nice frosty mug of beer, why is it that beer in the summer time is better than any glass of wine to me? Why is it that you can drink fifty million beers when it is hot outside?
Why is it that I'm stuck freaking waiting?
Take for instance this very momment. My little brother is suppose to call this evening. He's in rehab. and I have only spoke with him one time in 5 months. He is suppose to call this evening and I am out of my mind missing him and wanting to talk to him. Therefore, the phone has not left my sight for the past 2 hours.
Even though he is a drug addict, I love him and his heart is pure gold. He's one of the sweetest, most respectful, intelligent beings that I have ever been around. He just got mixed up into some pretty bad shit.
One thing about me is that I don't judge people. Until you walk in somebody else's shoes why judge them?
Take for instance me. Knowing me you would think I'm average Joe. I could brag about my successful buisness, or my house, or the money that I have in my account(despite all the money that I have spent on IVF) but I don't. And half the time I don't give a flying rats ass what you do for a living, drive, or where you live. I have friends that are successful, and friends that well, umm... are never going to make it anywhere beside where the hell they are at. I love both the same.
I hate judgemental poppus fucking assholes...
No, I'm not the spelling bee winner from school incase you didn't notice. But, I can read very well. I just can't spell and it drives me insane.
I hate the whole stigma that people put on drug addicts. I hope this rehab. will teach my little brother some self-respect. I pray that he makes it, not only for himself. But, for my niece. She needs him in her life. He knows this too, I believe this in my heart or he could walk away from the rehab. at anytime.
So, the phone hasn't rang and I'm thinking dear brother is not calling. More freaking waiting!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey K -

Aw, this is sweet. Sorry about your brother though. Did you ever get to speak to him? I hope things turn around for him.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home