Thursday, June 02, 2005

Moving on...

Just realized over the past couple of days I'm semi- ready to move on to adoption. I still have the FET to do in Aug/Sept. but I don't have a lot of faith that it will work.
I'm burn out, tired, financially drained , and sick of being childless. It's hard to let go of the genetic link, but screw IT. I can't handle it anymore. So, getting the ball rolling today on the adoption front. I know it's a long process, but the average wait in the state I live in is 9 months. So, really that's not to bad at all. And atleast with adoption, I'm not flushing money down the toliet. If I had insurance coverage I would keep doing IVF. But, we have now spent so much out of pocket with nothing to show. So, my backup plan is now going into effect. Let's pray I get better results with the backup plan.
Of couse being the wishy-washy woman that I am, more than likely, I will pull some hat trick and attempt another cycle.
This shit is all to frustrating sometimes..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, K.
Last cycle, (and most likely final) went by a little better, because I had decided whatever the outcome was, I was still going to pursue adoption. When it failed, it was so much easier to take.
If that cycle had turned out to be positive, I still would have pursued adoption, as I would gladly welcome two children; Oh, yeah.
I'm with you-- I just want to be a Mother, already.
Good Luck!
OnceAgain

10:33 AM  
Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Hey there! This post makes me smile, Kim! I do agree that for me at least, having the next step planned was a huge help when dealing with my last FET. I going to start posting reviews on my blog soon of all the adoption books I am plowing through...so check in if you are interested. Next week we have the education seminar with our agency -- it is so exciting to get the ball rolling! Take care, my dear.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home