Thursday, July 07, 2005

Lost Friends

I was just thinking today on my way home from work(because of a tornado) about one of my friends I have not spoken with in 2 years. This girl was one of my best friends growing up. We were attached at the hips. I don't know what happened to us? I still to this day can't figure out what went wrong. I just know towards the end of our friendship I felt like I was giving all the time. I would call her she would never call back. I would attempt to see her, she would never try to come see me. Towards the end of the friendship she developed a pain pill addiction(she says she wasn't addicted) but I and everyone else around her could see the signs...
I mentioned that I was worried about her pill habit to her husband, and since then there has been no contact.
So, I guess she was basically pissed that I mentioned something to her husband about the pills. Hell, I was worried sick. Have you ever seen anyone break out into a sweat and shake from lack of Vicodin, not a pretty sight at all. Sorry, I think if I was addictive to something I would want to know that my friends thought enough to call me out about it!!! I don't know, now I don't care anymore at times, because I have so many supportive friends who are there for me and if they have a problem about a comment I make, they speak up.
But, as the rain was coming down and the wind was blowing I thought, what if this is it? It kind of sucks not having closure on a relationship you have had with someone for over 20 years. Most relationships that I have had in the past I have had some type closure when they came to an end. Even if it was a fuck you and I hope I never see your face again!
Sometimes I want to call her and say, girl I miss you, what's up? But, I know it would be anothor useless attempt, like the one's in the past.
It just all sucks, I haven't seen her son in almost 2 years either, and we were really close too. Oh well c'est la vie? I guess that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes....

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Yeah, that sucks. Don't have any advice for you, but it sounded like you were a GREAT friend to her and its sad she chose to miss out on all that.

People do change, though...sometimes its worth looking up old friends or writing a simple, non-threatening "hi there, thinking of you" note to let them know you still care and think of them. Then the ball in their court...they can respond if they want. Its all so personal, and dependant on the relationship, I guess...

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny - or not so much - I have been trying to compose a post about this very topic. I've got a situation coming up with a deadline, guess I'll have to pull the trigger and post it huh?

Why not bite the bullet and give her a call? Might it be ugly?

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home